It is tax season and that means you need to pull all of your information together including how much you have earned, money in your bank accounts and much more to ensure that you are following the rules and guidelines set forth by the IRS. In some situations, you can file your taxes on your own but in other situations; it may be in your best interest to hire a tax attorney. Tax lawyers are there to help you avoid tax problems and represent you in situations where you are disputing your taxes.
The situations where you should hire an attorney include:
- If you have been committed or accused of tax fraud
- If you are planning on taking a suit against the IRS
- If you are a new business owner or you do international business
- If you have a taxable estate
- If you are being investigated for criminal misconduct
If you are in any doubt about whether or not you are in good tax standing, you should consider consulting a tax attorney. It is better to be safe than sorry when dealing with the IRS.