Inexpensive carpet cleaners make it possible to remove stains and spills quickly, but regular carpet cleaning is also important. Cleaning your carpet and upholstery regularly removes dust, dirt, and debris that aggravate allergy symptoms and make a room look dirty. How often you need to clean your carpets depends on the following factors:
- Type of carpet in the room
- How often the carpet is used
- Types of fibers in the carpet
- Color of the carpet
- Soil conditions around the home
Light carpets need more frequent cleaning, as they show dirt more than dark carpets or patterned carpets.
You can use several techniques to keep carpets looking clean and beautiful.
- 1) Rent a carpet cleaning machine from a local store. Fill it with the recommended cleaning product and use it to clean all carpeted areas.
- 2) Use a handheld steamer for steam cleaning small rugs and upholstered furniture.
- 3) Borrow, rent, or purchase a steam-powered vacuum for steam cleaning large carpets.
- 4) Contact someone who specializes in rug cleaning and upholstery cleaning. Ask for a price quote for cleaning all carpets and upholstered items in your home.
With the right carpet cleaners and regular rug cleaning, you can keep all of your carpets looking clean and new.