When a celebrity smiles, their smile usually reveals bright white teeth. If you want to get teeth like that, you should consider teeth whitening services offered by your dentist. But before you run out and get your teeth whitened, consider the pros and cons of the service.
- Teeth whitening improves your appearance which can lead to higher self-esteem
- Teeth whitening can lead to overall better care of teeth leading to healthier lifestyle choices
- Teeth whitening covers stains and discoloration
- Teeth whitening can cause your teeth to become sensitive to temperature (hot and cold)
- Teeth whitening can irritate your gums
- Teeth whitening does not cover dental procedures, i.e. fillings or false teeth
Tooth whitening service at your local dentistry takes about an hour to complete and offers the highest effectiveness compared to the at-home whitening kits. Your cosmetic dentist will have answers to all of your questions about the procedure they will follow.
To keep your newly whitened teeth white, be sure to avoid dark colored drinks and food like soda, coffee, wine, berries, sauces and sweets. Also be sure to follow the usual oral hygiene rules by brushing and flossing your teeth regularly.