When you want to make sure that your event is absolutely perfect, you have to make sure you hire the best caterer possible! Before searching for a caterer, you should first answer the following questions:
- How many people will be fed at the event?
- What type of food best matches the event?
- Have I been to an event where I really enjoyed the catered food?
- Does the venue have an on-site caterer that I am required to use?
- Do I know anyone that works in the catering business?
- How much am I will to spend on the catering?
Once you have those questions answered, you can begin your search! Start by looking online for local caterers that match the answers to the above questions. From there narrow down the list down to two or three and schedule appointments to meet with them to discuss your needs for the event.
Make sure when you meet with the caterers that you discuss the budget, the equipment needed, the services they provide (do they have a serving staff or do they set up and leave), and what the menu will look like. Take notes at each meeting so that you can compare the caterers when you get home. This will help you make the best decision on a caterer for your event.
After deciding on the catering company you want to hire, it is time to discuss the contract. Go over where you want them to be and at what time, as well as agree on a price for the dishes that you want served at the event. Once you agree on the terms, go ahead and sign the contract.